Coy Bettie strives for handcrafted excellence: We make our own ….
- Swiss Mocha Sauce & Vegan Mocha Sauce
- Chai Tea is brewed here with Chef Angie’s own recipe ….Vegan too, using organic sugar and tea
- Gluten-free, vegan & reg. flour baked goodies…soon diabetic sugar options.
- Gluten-free & vegan breads….
- All our breakfast & lunch menu items are made to order.
- We have no processed items here….powders or dry mixes …. handcrafted like it used to be before high fructose syrup and processed food took over the food industry
- Raw & sugar-free smoothies
- Our eggs Benedict is amazing. The Hollandaise Sauce is made fresh every time for zesty greatness.
- Our crepes are made fresh to order….no frozen crepes here.
- We offer Gluten-free waffles, crepes, pancakes and Eggs Benedict on our “GF Millet Beer Bread”
- Coy Bettie’s make in-house a “Gf /Vegan Millet Beer Bread” and a “GF Brown Rice/Arrowroot Sandwich Bread” ,more options soon…
- Soup are all handmade gluten/free & vegan except on Friday we serve a gluten-free Chicken Gumbo….
- We offer five Milks…..Cows Milks(whole & 1 %) , Almond, Soy, and Hemp Milk
- We make Old Fashioned Milk Shakes and upon request will make an alternative Milk Milkshake….
- And much more is made fresh …. we serve a lot of people with allergens so just ask what is in it or omit items Chef Angie is glad to give you a great dining experience…
Did you know that Coy Bettie’s has Vegan soup all thru the week? And meaty of Friday?
Tuesday is : Vegan gluten-free split pea soup, named , ” Grapes of Wrath” ….great flavor!
Friday is : Gluten-free Chicken gumbo called,”Almost Famous”…..lot of veggies even okra , rice & chicken……Friday is the only day I cook a meaty soup! So make it in all you meaty lovers !
Vegan and Gluten-free Miso Soup
1-2 Green onions 5 TBS Miso (Health food or Asian Store)
4 Fresh shiitake mushrooms 8 oz of Silken Soft tofu
1 qt. Dashi stock ( The are many versions of Dashi stock : Kombu dashi and dried shiitake mushroom dashi are known as good vegetarian stocks. But there is also Dashi made from fish flakes and the powder “instant” version has wheat. So check the label.)
1) Remove the roots and wilted parts of the green onions and dice finely. Cut the tofu into 1/4″ cubes. Clean the mushrooms by rubbing them off with paper towels, discard the stems, slice the remaining thinly.
2) Briefly bring the dashi stock to boil and remove from the heat. Place the miso in a wire strainer and slowly lower it into the hot dashi while gently pushing the miso through the strainer a wooden mixing spoon.
3) Reheat the miso on a medium heat and remove before it comes to a boil.
4) Right before serving add fresh veggies and tofu.
This is a green, smooth beauty with a chunky garnish. Be sure to go light on the salt as the kalamala olives (or bacon) add a salty flavor. Great with Panini or fresh salad. Fast & easy.
2 LBS Broccoli Heads in 1 1/2 quarts of water
1/2 Red Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
1 TBS Crushed Bay Leaves
1 TBS Rosemary
1 tsp Sage
Lightly Salt & garlic pepper to taste
Steam broccoli, Onion & Garlic, until tender.
Add broccoli including the seamed water to blender along with spices. If needed blend in batches. Blend in spices too.
return to the heat on a simmer for 20 more mins to settle the flavors.
Garnish with Diced Kalamala Olives & quartered pear or cherry tomatoes
Variation: for the meat loves top with the tomatoes & crumbled bacon.