This is a post for a wonderful customer with adorable little man and that I have been promising to get her this recipe for almost a year, but am a crazy busy lady and have forgotten. Sorry ! So here it is for all to enjoy.
Pear Peanut Butter Sponge Cake Squares
1 Fresh pear 1 Egg equivalent of E-replacer
1/3 Cup Sugar 3/4 Cup flour
1/3 Cup brown Sugar 1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/3 Cup Began margarine 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/3 Cup Adams Peanut Butter 1/4 tsp Salt
1) Pare, half, core and mash the pear.
2) Cream with sugar, vegan”butter”, peanut butter, and E-replacer.
3) Combine add dry ingredients and sift.
4) Add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
5) Pour into a greased 9 X 9″ square pan.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 25 mins. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
Chai Tea Apple Sauce Drizzle Syrup~Vegan
2 Cups Apple Sauce
6 2/3 Cups Organic sugar, sifted
1 TBS plus 1 tsp Ground cloves
1 TBS Ground cardamom
1 TBS Vanilla extract
1 Cup of hot strongly steeped Chai tea~2 bags preferred
1) Add all to a bowl on a beat sugar and applesauce until soft granules are softening.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth 2 to 3 mins.
3) Pour into containers for later. I usually do one for the fridge lasts about a week, one for the freezer.
This syrup is good over coffee cake, ice cream, baked apples and pears.