Expansion renovations in progress….
Expansion renovations in progress….
Vintage Thrifting Into an Art….Take one “formally” brown ugly plate holder $5.00
Indiana multi-colored cut glasses $4.00
Two matching brass candlesticks $0.50 each
Brass made in India long skinny dish $5.00
Wooden fruit $5.00 set
One can black spray paint high gloss $4.00
About $25 dollars of Beautifulness!
Coy Bettie have been hard to get the expansion finished….tons of retro lighting (not in picture 😉 ), faux painted walls, Local artist’s art interpretation of logo, framing new classic Hollywood art, collecting retro art collections of things….great ambiance for breakfast, espresso, lunch at the bistro or to get your gluten-free bread or vegan bread. and retro inspired gift shop…
NEW BREAKFAST MENU TO COME…. to add to Coy Bettie’s already favorites crepes’, Quiche in a crepe bowl, and “True Grit” breakfast burritos that she is already famous for……adding to the menu is :
Swiss Grandmas’ waffle recipe, omelets, Chef Angie’s handmade biscuits N gravy, vegan breakfast options, red potato pile with ham or veggies, all that and more. COMING SOON!
Veggie Rice Balls
2 lbs. fresh spinach, washed and large stems removed OR use 1 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed, with liquid squeezed out
1 whole diced avocado, small pieces
1 c. chopped green onions, saute’
1/2 C pecan peices or almond slices or bites. The smaller the better, so crush if needed (optional)
2 c. cooked rice, brown or white, short rice because it is stickier
2 T. finely chopped fresh dill or (2 t. dried)
1 1/2 T. lime or lemon juice
1 C. or so of cheese…crumbled feta , shredded cheddar OR mozzarella
salt and pepper
1 to 2 C. fine bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
1) Steam spinach; drain and chop.
2) Saute scallions in olive or veggie oil until slightly browned.
3) Combine spinach, avocado, green onions, pecans, rice, dill, lemon juice, cheese, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, breaking up the rice grains by mashing them against the sides of the bowl with your mixing spoon. Combine until mixture holds together.
4) Using damp hands, roll spoonfuls of mixture into 1″ bite-sized balls or 1/4 cup-sized balls.
4) Roll balls in fine bread crumbs and place on baking sheet, placed very close together
5) Bake at 350°F for 20–25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Note: These freeze really well.
Vegan “Meaty” Nacho Casserole
1 pounds to 2 pound of ground Boca (“meat”) depends on how “meaty you like you Nachos
Corn tortilla chips 1 medium to large bag 1 jar of 12 of salsa or fresh is my favorite
taco seasonings 1 8 OZ. can of tomato sauce
1 cup vegan mayo Soy Cheese (optional)
Topping: Diced Green onions, Dices spinach, sliced Black olives, frozen corn, cilantro, garlic pepper, vegan sour cream, Sliced jalapenos, Guacamole, ect.
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and find a casserole dish about 13 x 9
2) Layer the bottom of the dish with all the tortilla chips fill close to the top
3) In a skillet add the Boco crumbles, vegan mayo, can of tomato sauce, taco seasonings about 2 to 3 TBS, and soy cheese heat until the mayo and cheese blend.
4) Pour “meaty” mixture evenly over the chips
5) Top with salsa or fresh salsa, saving a little for final garnish topping
6) Add all the fresh veggies: diced spinach, sliced olives, dash with cilantro, dash the top with frozen corn to taste, add sliced jalapenos, diced green onions, extra grated Soy cheese finish with a dash with garlic pepper.
7) Heat for 15 to 20 at 350 degrees
8) Serve warm. Garnish with vegan sour cream, guac, and salsa.
We are now selling gluten-free/vegan breads in a varieties of flavors….More to come too.
*Gluten-free/Vegan Millet Bread
*Gluten-Free/Vegan Potato Bread
*Gluten-Free/Vegan Bean Flour Bread
*Gluten-Free/Vegan Brown Rice Bread
All Our breads are baked in pans reserved only for Gluten-free baking. We do bake with gluten flour but reserve certain days and pans for baking each flours to limit cross contamination. Our Bread are soy free, Nut Free, Lactose Free, Egg Free, Not Grainy (because we grind our own Brown Rice flours to insure powder fine quality), standard medium loaf size and height, made in small batches to insure quailty.
Call for availability or wholesale interests….208-921-5122
Vegan Mocha Fondue
9 oz/250 grams semi-sweet at least 50 % Choco solids ( I prefer 70 %) made with soy not milk !
1/3 to 1/2 Cup Vanilla Soy
2 shots of espresso or 1 TBS instant coffee granules
3 TBS coffee flavored liquor (real or as fake) like Kahlua , Irish Cream ect.
1) Break chocolate pieces in to a fondue pot over a warmer (Hot setting) or in a double boiler on the stove over med heat.
2) When melted add liquor and soy stir until throughly mixed be sure to get the bottom and sides mixed in too.
3) Turn the fondue heat to low or transfer to a heated ceramic bowl (so the fondue doesn’t cool too soon. You can put the ceramic bowl with an inch of water in the bottom and microwave it to heat it BUT remember to dump the water before adding the fondue.)
4) Dip away~ strawberries, seedless grapes, bananas, kiwi, pretzels, firm peaches, vegan sponge cake,granny smith apple slices Ect.