Grilled Apples with Mincemeat Filling…..
4 apples firm, such as Granny Smith
3 TBS Lemon Juice
3 TBS Vegan margarine, like Earth Ballance
4 tsp Brown Sugar
8 TBS Sweet Mincemeat (I have a perfect recipe in the archives.)
1) Wash apples, then cut them in half from the top to the bottom. Remove and discard the cores and pips , then brush the cut sides of the halves with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
2) Melt the vegan margarine and brush the cut side with half of the butter save the other half for later
3) Sprinkle with sugar and grill in a pan or on the BBQ grill with cut sides down for about 5 mins. Brush the other half with butter and turn over
4) Turn over and add a 1 TBS of mincemeat to the center of each apple. Then cook for an additional 5 mins or until they are cooked to your taste
4) Remove from the grill add to a platter serve with a scoop of soy ice cream or soy yogurt.