Cherry Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
1/2 C butter/ margarine 1/4 C brown sugar~packed
1/2 tsp salt 1 egg yolk/ egg-replacer
1 (1 oz) square unsweetened chocolate, Melted
1/3 Cherry preserves or pie mix
1) Cream together butter, sugar, salt and egg yolk.
2) Melt chocolate and blend into the creamed mixture
3) Stir in flour until mixed
4) Chill 1/2 an hour
5) Roll into 1 inch balls . Place 2 1/2″ apart on a waxed cookie pan press the centers with your thumb. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Then press centers again and then bake for 8 minutes more.
6) Cool slightly; remove from the pan. At serving time fill the centers with the cherry pie filling.
Happy Valentines Day!