Handmade Root Beer & Mint Meadow Tea the best of Old-fashioned Summer!!! Bring it on!!!
Who wants real root beer!!!!! I do! I do! Great to blow people away at the family reunion or picnic of your supreme organic & kitchen mastery . Root beer floats for dessert?…..
Handmade Root Beer in 24 hrs. Makes 1 gallon
1 tsp. dry yeast
1 Cup lukewarm water
2 Cups organic sugar or regular is fine
5 tsp. organic root beer extract ( other extracts are good, organic is the best that way you insure that no harmful chemical were used to get the extract)
1) Dissolve the yeast in the one cup of lukewarm water. and let it stand for 5 mins.
2) Combine sugar, and extract and add it to the yeast mixture. Pour combined mixture into a gallon jug glass or plastic ( I prefer glass so you can reuse the jug for next time and it is better for the next step). Then fill the gallon jug within 1 inch of the top. Add dried raisins for a deeper flavor .
3) Cover the jar and set in the sun for 3 hours. Refrigerate over night. Enjoy the next day!
Old-fashioned fun ! Who knew it could be so easy ?!
Mint Meadow Tea Makes a 1 gallon
1 Cup organic Sugar
2 Pints of water
2 juice of lemons
2 cups of fresh mint tea leaves~ peppemint or spearmint are best…..Garden fresh is ultra nice.
1) Stir sugar and pints of water together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2) Pour boiling sugar-water syrup over the tea leaves and seep fr 20 minutes. Remove the tea and let cool
3) Add the lemon juice and enough water to a glass gallon jug.
4) Serve as an ice tea or a fine hot tea
Old-fashioned tea for the summer! The best of times ahead!