If you need a pie, cake or other goodie, especially gluten-free or vegan, for your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner…..please call 208-921-5122 and we will talk cake….or Pie or whatever! Looking forward to hearing from you…..
Always handmade…. gluten-free and vegan…..No problem
Chocolate Cream Pie Black Forest Cherry cake Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Apple Pie or Crisp Cherry Pie Blueberry Pie
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Red Velvet cake Sugar cookies Ginger cookies
The list goes on……
Gluten-Free and Vegan Shoo-Fly Cake is easily adaptable to regular flour & butter. Shoo-Fly Cake is served mostly warm but great cold too.
Shoo-Fly Cake~Gluten-Free and Vegan
4 Cups of multi purpose gluten-free flour or for the regular flour 2 cups whole wheat and 2 cups white flour
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Vegan “Butter” or Real Butter (You can cut it in or as I prefer my “butter” …to melt it)
2 Cups Boiling Water
1 Cup organic Molasses
2 tsp Baking Soda
1) Work the flour, sugar, and “butter” into a fine crumbs. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for crumb topping.
2) Mix water , molasses and baking soda together and add to the remaining crumbs. Mix until batter is very thin yet still lumpy.
3) Pour into a greased 9″x 13″ cake pan. sprinkle the remaining topping over the leveled out cake batter.
4) Bake at 350 degress for 35 minutes.
Server warm and/or with ice cream. Great coffee cake too.
This cake can be made in a bunt or a sheet.
Gluten-Free and Vegan Mandarin Orange Cake
2 eggs or 2 eggs of egg replacer
2 (11 oz) can of mandarin oranges~well drained
2 cups multi purpose gluten-free flour
2 cups organic sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1) Beat eggs. Add oranges and dry ingredients. Beat for 4 mins. on slow speed until the oranges a tiny pieces all throughout the batter.
2) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins. cake can get dark. Before removing from the oven, press the top of the cake to see if it bounces back. if it doesn’t. Bake a bit longer, testing every 5 min to take care you do not burn.
3) Remove from oven.Pour topping over. Return to the oven for 5 mins longer,
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3 TBS Milk or non dairy substitute
2 TBS Butter or vegan butter
Combine and bring to a boil.